Summer Sun to Shine on Ellis Park

Every racecourse has been feeling under threat lately and many have been putting in long hours and hard work to ensure the success of their racing seasons. Ellis Park Racecourse has been a part of the horse racing world since 1922, when it was established under the name of Dade Park. It was almost lost in 1925, but James C. Ellis bought the racecourse and ensured its survival. In 1954, the track’s name was changed to Ellis Park Racecourse, and it has battled through hard times and loss throughout the years, but has always managed to stay afloat.

/pages